Pete: I’ve just had every drop of alcohol sucked out of my system by a magic spell, so I’ve literally got the hangover from hell— I’ve got the P.M., the J.I.C. chair, and the D.G.S. of Box and the S.I.S. on call-waiting at 4 a.m.— And I have no intention of bowing my head to, or even acknowledging the grief that’s engulfed us because we have urgent work to do. Say “sir.”
Pete: Nobody else’s family got hit. So you got two degrees of @#$% thrown at you. So they really want the wielder of Excalibur out of the game. So you stay in.
Pete: And that’s your codename now, “Excalibur”, because I want them to hear that. We move as a team. You won’t harm or pursue Dracula until you’re under orders to do so. And then you’ll harm him a great deal.
Faiza:Thank you, sir.
Pete: And listen, Faiza, Dane— We can’t find Jac. So we have to assume the worst there too. All kinds of worsts. But this is us. We’re on this. Our finest hour. It has to be.
From Captain Britain and MI:13 #11 by Paul Cornell and Leonard Kirk.
- lonelyscone likes this
- hellbentwisdom reblogged this from angelophile
- hellbentwisdom likes this
- disorderedflame reblogged this from likebloodyhell and added:
- likebloodyhell reblogged this from angelophile
- magicaloctopus likes this
- jackcrowder likes this
- ntera likes this
- ladylockheed reblogged this from comiccombatant
- ronchronchronch likes this
- kiragecko likes this
- urbanfae reblogged this from dorkery
- agelfeygelach reblogged this from comiccombatant and added:
- lainfiquette likes this
- clairegoesskating likes this
- dorkery reblogged this from comiccombatant
- bjornwilde reblogged this from angelophile and added:
- comiccombatant reblogged this from angelophile
- angelophile posted this